Monday 6 August 2012

Experiments

My experiments from the first lesson of Project2

I start by creating this basic pattern.

I then added a black background and red stoke.
Played around adding curves, orange fill. Primary colours don't look very good. For my final pattern I will make sure to giver careful consideration to the colours I use. I will use colours that compliment each other and are subtle.

I made more patterns.

 
I then had a play with colours and patterns.

There are only two and half weeks until project 2 is due. I'm struggling with make variables and will look at some more tutorials to get my skills up there. I want a really good final project 2.
Next lecture we will be covering colour theory which will be good. I really need to consider -
What is structure?
What is noise?
I will continue to read over the project outline to clarify this idea. I will continue to experiment and play with the pattern maker. I will also keep looking for inspiration on openprocessing.com

I went on this website here: http://www.learningprocessing.com/exercises/chapter-3/exercise-3-7/
To find some tutorials and more inspiration. I think I will keep coming back to it to learn more code and find some more ideas. There was a snake pattern which I really liked and some fading squares which I also like. I think this project has to be static though and not involve movement or clicking the mouse. I will have to check this detail over with the tutors.

Some other people in the class had their codes shown in class today (just their little experiments.) I think that some of them were very impressive and I would like to know how they did them.

No comments:

Post a Comment