Wednesday 1 August 2012

Final Board - 25 Variables.

My final board. This is my final board lay out with my 25 different variables. The top right one is my beginning shape. The first two rows have just basic variable changes which create new and interesting shapes which are still very basic and very much keep the essence of the original form. The third row down begins slightly more complex but still very much staying true to the original. It then develops into a shape that more takes the cross essence from the square, but still seeing the essence of the square as the crosses create symmetry, touching each corner of an invisible square. The fourth row down is now much more complicated with many different variable changing. The lines go in becoming thinner but then go out again, being wider. This creates a very new shape from the original as there are now diagonal lines and little squares.
The fourth row down begins with a much more complicated shape which has added diagonal lines. The shapes then transforms to become further complex and an entire new shape of it's own. There are many overlapping diagonal lines, rectangles and the suggestion of a square. I feel this is a good progress from the beginning and when looking at the board you can recognise the transformation of the form, while still seeing its true essence hidden within each new shape developed.

Overall, I'm very happy with the progress my board shows. I feel that I have created whole new forms from the original while still keeping the original forms essence.

No comments:

Post a Comment