Thursday 30 August 2012

Navigation that I like

This is the navigation from waze.com. I really like the bright colours and use of the icons. This makes it very user friendly and would help with the game aesthetic that I want to create. Although, perhaps still a little bit overwhelming and could be made more simpler. I think that the colored road among the light grey makes it much easier to navigate the route in which you want to take. 

I like the idea of having an alarm type thing set into your cell phone as shown on the right hand screen. Maybe saying it's time for class and at the time you should start heading to class the map pops up onto the cell phone screen. I also just had another idea inspired by this! Each route could have an estimated time it takes to reach the location point, so students can time themselves carefully as to when to start heading to their next class.

This has split screen which I like. With 2d and 3d. Although this may get a bit busy. Might be best to keep it simple. I also like the colored line of the route. 

I like the colored line of the route to take. 

A nice, fun looking interface. Colours and large letters are very effective. I like how this tells you how much time you've saved by taking a particular route. I also like the icons. Nice, big and simple to read.

Another example of a split screen with 2d and 3d interface for navigation. Maybe not the best idea for the interface I want to design but can be explored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment