Wednesday 26 September 2012

Character Design for App

I stated off doing a small anime type drawing in ink pen (which really isn't my style.)
I scanned it into the computer and HATED it. I attempted to digitally paint it thinking it may fix a few of the problems. But it the line art is bad the end product will be also. So back to the drawing board :)
I then (using a reference) drew this character which is steam punk inspired. I feel this is a little more grown up and will appeal to uni students with it's comic art style. With complete line art finished I then went on the digital painting in CS5.
I kept most of the line art as I felt it stayed true to the comic book style of the character art. I coloured her in with flat colours as a base and although this looked good I gave her some shadowing and high lights to give her a more 3d element. This sort of made her 'pop' and come to life a bit more. Overall I'm very happy with the success of this character design and feel that it will appeal to university students (mostly teenagers and young adults.) 
I think that she will make a good face to the app that I'm designing. Perhaps she can be included on the loading screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment