Monday 15 October 2012

The swimming and flocking is working!

I'm very happy as the tadpoles are finally swimming in a nice fluid movement and they change direction on their own. They spawn from the middle of the code and swim outwards. They don't touch the edges of the screen as if trapped in a fish tank.

Also now when I press the mouse down the tadpoles swim to the mouse and then slowly depart. However when the mouse is held down the tadpoles freeze which is something I would like to attempt to fix.

If I can work out how, I would also like to move my mouse through the code and interrupt the tadpoles movement, forcing them to depart and swim away.

I also now need to focus on colour. Working on a good colour palette will help my code to be much more stronger and effective. I'm thinking of trying a photograph background to see if it portrays tadpoles better.

I also need to experiment with different screen sizes to see which is more effective for this code.

No comments:

Post a Comment