Monday 1 October 2012

Advice on Graphics

I began working on Flash today. I managed to get buttons working and even some image fading animation in there. I thought that I had fixed all my graphics problems and was ready to animate on Flash, however Angela gave me some really good advice on a few things I could do to polish my design.
Angela said she really liked the grey colours used, consistency, minimalist style and illustration of the girl. She felt that all the design needed to match up to the quality of the illustration of the character (girl.)

I will show the screens I have at the moment and the comments that Angela gave to fix some things. I will then upload the improved screens onto blogger.

- These images are not in perfect order as blogger is silly, sorry.

Loading screen - She really like the colours, minimalist style and illustration on this screen. She also liked how the girl was faded as it's very sophisticated and gives the app a character. 
The symbols need to be improved. They're good as they're all white, have their own style and are consistent in their size. However their line stoke needs to match better. 


This is very good. The coins should stay consistent like this throughout the other screens.

List of locations and a scroll down screen.

Angela discussed that maybe there is a better symbol for 'Login' rather than a plus sign. The 'Create Profile' symbol could have the plus taken away. Especially if the plus is in the 'Login' symbol. Also the persons head should be higher and the shoulders should be more rounded on the symbol. She suggested making it look more human like.

Angela thought that it would be more efficient to just taken away this entire screen to avoid so many clicks. It would be more efficient if when you press 'search' from the menu it takes you straight to the keyboard to write the location you want to got to.

So when pressing search you will go straight to this screen here.

This 3D render doesn't fit in with the aesthetics of the illustrated character and the colours of the rest of the app. The coins aren't consistent with the other darker coins illustrated either. Angela recommended I either do another render using darker colours or preferably do an illustration of it in the same style the girl has been drawn it. I will do another render in darker colours and then attempt to draw it in this style again on Photoshop and then digitally paint it.
The colours used in this are far too bright and don't match with the rest of the application.

The 3D render needs to have more modern furniture and colours even if it isn't a true depiction of the actual room at Kelburn. I either need to do a new render of this room that is more modern or illustrate a better picture that is more suited to the character on the right. 
She also thought that this screen should say "destination reached" and then have a type of continue button.


This screen is very good and the coins should stay consistent like this on the map (3D render or illustration.)

This screen needs to be deleted and go straight to the keyboard. This screen is not necessary. 

Keyboard.

List of types of cafes. Scroll screen.

List of names of cafes.

The create a and customize your character menu. Angela likes this and said the 3 column effect is very effective as the eye likes this. She recommended that I move the "completed" button to the left so it is align with the rest.
The same with the next two screens.

I will fix up all of the small problems mentioned above and then continue to animate it in flash. I can't really continue to animate in flash until I've fixed these small problems so I should really get onto it. I will upload my fixed screens onto my blog once I've finished them.




No comments:

Post a Comment