Monday 8 October 2012

Micheal Muller - Artist Inspiration

Micheal Muller is one of my artist models because of his amazing, professional portraits. I'm especially inspired by those in which he took in a studio. He has very clear images which portray emotions and convey the models (or in Muller's case, actor/musician's) character in a very unique and true way. I wish to capture this in my own work. I also really like the use of his lighting and editing techniques.

I really like the shadows created on the face and shirt. I would like to experiment with lighting such as this in my own work.

I think this is a really lovely black and white image composed very well. Although it cuts off the models shoulders it adds a motion like the photographer caught the model as he was leaning forward. I also really like how the model is making eye contact with the camera combined with a very curious expression on his face.

I really like how just one side of the models face is illuminated. This is because it creates a very mysterious, two dimensional effect.

The focus on the face is really effective as the sides of her face are slightly out of focus. Her eyes are very compelling in this photograph and I would like to capture this in my own work.

The shadows make a really interesting photograph.

Again, I like how just one side of his face is illuminated with the combination of the white background.

I really like how well lit this photograph is, I'd like to achieve this in some of the photographs in my own work.

I love how the photographer has really caught this actor during a natural emotion such as smiling and laughing. This makes this photograph much more natural and appealing to the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment