Wednesday 28 March 2012

dsdn101 - Project One

Identity


Hatch


Draw
Section
Touch and Draw
Individual Work

Frank Lloyd Wright - Precedent Technical Drawing





This drawing by the famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright inspired my drawing and use of techniques. This is an architectural drawing as it’s a plan view of a house design. In my image I’ve used Wright’s use of hatch to show different types of material being used. Thicker and thinner lines represent the different type of thickness in materials. The scissors that I’ve drawn have hatch going in two different directions to show the way the metal runs across the blade. My image is also in a plan view. Wright has used a thin ink pen to show finer details and a thicker ink pen such as a 0.2 to show the solid walls. I’ve used a 0.2 ink pen to show the solid, block quality of the handle on the scissors. I’ve used a thinner ink pen to show the finer details such as the hatching and the screw on the scissors. Following the style of Wright, I’ve also used a ruler for the straight lines to represent an accurate shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment