Sunday 17 June 2012

DSDN101 Development

Story Board Development

A rough draft of my brainstorm. This was made to help me with making my stop motion. I kept looking at it for reference as I made the claymation.


A screen shot of my work. I used this tutorial here: http://www.5min.com/Video/Photoshop---Turning-a-Photo-into-a-Cartoon-P1-19944616 to learn how to convert my photographs into a cartoon like style to create my story board. I just used this as a basic guide though, as I adjusted the layers, levels, blacks and other adjustments custom to how I wanted the result. I then coloured the frames in Photoshop CS5. I stuck to the three colours: Black, white and purple to portray the films real aesthetics. 

Beginning with one of my photographs - 



And turning it into an image such as this to use for my story board. These are the rest of the frames which I will then layout into my story board.









The Film Development

Frames for my Film.









Creating the development of Pacman - Did over 40 frames, made on Photoshop CS5. I then printed them as thumb nails and put them onto the clay computer monitor for each frame. This shows the character "coding" and developing Pacman, deciding on his shape.

I then took a template of the Pacman game. I added in Pacman and the dots and made each frame on Photoshop CS5. I then printed these as thumbnails and stuck them onto the television screen. I changed the picture each frame as the character played the console. 

No comments:

Post a Comment