Monday 13 August 2012

Examples of Binocular Designs


These binoculars have a very large, interesting shape.

Very vintage using gold colours. Short though, looks as if it's made of metal. I like the aesthetic.

Very steampunk but I think it looks awesome. Although not functional for my design.

I love how leather is used here. Would help for the binoculars to be much stronger and would be much more user friendly to touch. I also like how wood is used here, very classical.

Not a great aesthetic but very functional.
This design is very steampunk.

I like the middle used and how the binoculars are held together.

Very unique, steampunk design. This reminds me of a small magnifying glass with a larger one over top so it kind of reminds me of what my design may be like. Also I like the use of wood. Seems much to large and daunting to use though.

More like goggles and less like binoculars but I really like the classical, vintage appearance here. It takes on obvious characteristics of steampunk design. Perhaps I could use a chain like this in my own design. Although not appropriate for my design maybe, I like the ornament used here.

Another great design. I like the middle part which is holding the two lenses together.

These are all great examples of Binocular designs. I really need to think about how I will attach the middle piece. It may need to be made so that it can be adjusted for each individual and their face shape (width of their eyes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment